Magic Spellslingers includes some great deck construction tools that let you take your collection and use it to build decks without having to manage individual cards. One way is to import a deck that's been shared by someone else. In the distant past, exporting a deck created a weblink that looks like the one below.
It's possible that you might encounter one of these links scouring the internet for Spellslingers deck lists. Alas, these links no longer work the way they used to. On an Android device it will take you to the Google Play Store. On other platforms, the link doesn't do much of anything.
Q: Actually, I'm using an Android device! Why did the link open the Google Play Store instead of Spellslingers?
A: There are a few reasons why that could happen.
- An error in the link
- You don't have Spellslingers installed on your device
- Gremlins (maybe not, but who's to say for sure...?)
Q: But I really, really wanted to copy a deck!
A: There are three other ways you can copy ready-made decks in Spellslingers:
- The Deck Showcase tab will show you a variety of decks that you can copy. Some might require you to get more cards, but at least one should always be a deck you can build with your current collection.
- In the Team tab, you can share deck lists with your Teammates and copy ones they've shared with the Team.
- If you encounter a shared deck link that looks like the one below, you can copy that to your clipboard on any device, open Spellslingers on that device, and go to the Collection tab. If you've copied a valid deck list code, it will automatically detect it and offer to import the deck!
Q: When will the PC and iOS versions of Spellslingers be able to copy decks like the Android version?
A: That's available now! To export a deck, find the Export button in any version of the Spellslingers app. It will put a copy of the deck list onto your device's clipboard. That exported deck list can be shared with anyone, on any platform.