Quality of Life Improvements
- We added buttons to allow you to create a deck from the Planeswalker select menu.
- We added a way to set all your creatures to attack. Double tap on the empty arena to ready all your valid attackers. Double tap again to withdraw them.
Animated VS Screen Portraits
- We added new animated Planeswalker portraits to the VS screen.
- We added Graphics Settings to the Options menu, giving you more control over the game's performance.
- There are three settings:
- Low (default for 2GB RAM devices; excludes foil animations)
- Medium (default for most other devices)
Durability: 3 → 2
- Let’s get the most anticipated one out of the way first. Panharmonicon is losing a little bit of its oomph. We are aware of the dangers of this unique and powerful card, but it’s also one of the more fun cards to build around and play with and we want to maintain that. We want to make it more of a decision as to how to use each activation and are therefore removing a charge.
Arcanis, the Archmage
Now summons Mystic Tome instead of Archmage's Cloak
- We’re happy with Arcanis coming down a bit earlier and giving more time to utilize the Mystical Arcana, but there was some concern surrounding the Cloak. At 10 mana, the draw 2 ability helped you find the Arcana in time to play them before the game ends. This need is lessened at 8 mana. Additionally, having a few more turns to get cards out of your hand before Arcanis landed made it easier to utilize the draw 2 at 10 mana. At 8 mana, you may run into more problems with hand size and overdrawing with the draw 2 ability. Arcanis is not low on power, so he can afford to take a hit and continue filling his role in blue decks. The fact that Mystic Tome happens to be perfectly named and already have a matching number of charges as the Arcana that get shuffled into the deck is merely the icing on the cake!
3/5 → 3/4
- Eminent Archangel has been doing a great job of living up to its eminent title and letting decks catch up with the most recent version. It’s currently doing that a bit too well without giving up much in return, so its health is coming down to make it easier to attack into.
3/3 → 2/3
- Runeshell Crab has been a bit too effective at shutting down early attacks, but we felt we needed this stat line to combat strong starts fueled by 3 health aggressive one drops. Spoiler alert, Pouncing Lemur is taking a hit this patch as well, so much of the pressure is taken off the Crab to take out early 3 health creatures.
3/3 → 3/2
- This buff lemur has been the root of many oppressive red openings. It’s been proving too easy to use and too difficult to react to. This health adjustment keeps it quite strong but offers more ways to interact with it in the first couple of turns.
Krav, the Unredeemed
6/6 → 7/7
- While there is a time and place for gags, like this demon’s cost and stats all being 6 or when your coworkers put up numbered balloons for your birthday much higher than your actual age (Editor's Note: You can't turn 30 five years in a row.), design considerations take priority. At 6/6, Krav was a reasonable overstatted creature. Given the magnitude of the drawback and to create a bit more space between Krav and Recycled Grotesque, we’re releasing a mammoth-sized Krav into the wild.
3/2 → 2/3
- There was too little diversity in 2 mana black creature stat sizes. Dark Confidant, Vengeful Brute, and Famished Fiend were all sitting at 2 mana 3/2 so we adjusted the Fiend to give it a better chance to rack up more attacks.
2/4 → 3/4
- Joraga Druid has the potential to be a very powerful card, but it admittedly does need a bit of assistance. We’re raising the power so that the baseline is a little more appropriate for a signature card.
- Stoneforge Mystic - M → E
- Second Sun's Dawn - E → M
- Spawning Hellion - M → E
- Draconic Transformation E → M
Fixes included in this release for notable issues.
- Resolved an issue that was causing some cards to appear desaturated until they were interacted with.
- Fixed several issues that were causing SFX and VFX from playing in some cases.
- Fixed several issues that could cause cards to display as an empty space inside of the collection view.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes users could attempt to delete a Planeswalker's starter deck.
- Fixed several cases where the turn timer would auto advance to countdown time incorrectly.
- Fixed a graphical glitch in Ral's VS screen portrait.
- The second player PC mulligan now correctly displays as a single row.
- Fixed an issue that was displaying the wrong rarity symbols on token cards.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing special lands from displaying when activated.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the animation displaying when you gained and lost Trophies.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some phones to render Kaya's ghost VFX incorrectly.
- Streamlined how the ESC button works on PC.
- Many general art and UI improvements and optimizations.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Nightmare's VFX to stack and increase as the match progressed.
- Grouped together the animations for doubled Ashiok's Nightmare to speed up gameplay.
Cards & Gameplay
- Effects that add cards to your deck no longer shuffle it.
- Reach can no longer be granted as a random upgrade to a creature with flying.
- Fixed an issue with the number of charges granted when stacking an artifact with buffed durability.
- Fixed several cards where +X/+X or -X/-X was breaking across multiple lines incorrectly.
- Active Volcano's chance to erupt is now 30%. Its 50% chance was a holdover from its previous version.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Two-Headed Hellhound from dealing the correct amount of trample damage.
- Fixed an issue where artifacts could get extra discounts from Tolarian Academy when they were countered by Remand.
- Removed erroneous quotes on Fountain of Magic's card text.
- Regathan Firecat is now correctly a Cat Elemental.
- Adjusted the crafting costs of Clone and Confounding Entity to be in line with other cards of the same rarities.
- Fixed and issue that could cause Daragaz's fire VFX to play upside down when played by the opponent.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Regna, Redeemer to retain invulnerability on the wrong turn when returned with relentless.
- Shadowstag's debut will now correctly affects a transformed Mastermind Lazav.
- Fixed the interaction between Lurking Horror and Panharmonicon.
- Mana Short now correctly destroys fragile mana gems.
- Removed unneeded dynamic text from Zo-Zu.
- Sped up the firing speed of Scattershot Crossbow.
- The discard glow for Molten Monastery will now clear properly if the card is discarded.