Game System Changes
- Vin will now automatically suggest a deck for you to play when you go to build a new deck.
- The decks available in the suggested deck lists have been refined to be more competitive based on internal data.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Doubled the chance of high value Challenges appearing.
- Added a new Challenge to Duel a Teammate.
- Added filters to the deck builder that allow you to see unowned cards (and craft them) as you are deckbuilding.
- The size of the touchable area of the + / - buttons has been increased to make them easier to use.
- The Training button is now brings up a mode select screen. For now, users can swap between Standard and Training matches... (more soon!)
Card and Gameplay Changes
- Warboar now cost 0.
We were wary of the play patterns that shifting from an activated ability for Domri's special to adding cards to hand might bring with it, but want to maintain Domri as another Planeswalker that has strength against the most aggressive decks and free War Boars help with that. We're looking forward to seeing all the fun ways you can come up with to use free boars.
- Flame Shot 4 Damage → 3 Damage
Flame Shot has been the bane of many attempts to stabilize against an aggressive Chandra and among the strongest cards in the game (if not the strongest). Chandra has already received an indirect buff in a way with the recent health reduction of Planeswalkers, and we want to bring the damage output of Chandra's kit down a bit. You'll still feel the sting of losing your 1 health creatures, but now you won't have to fear losing your freshly summoned 4/4 as well.
- Angrath's Deathraider 4/2 → 4/1
Angrath has similarly been a high performing Planeswalker and the aggressive Angrath decks could use a bit of a nerf. This change leans into allowing more incidental damage and 1-power creatures to trade with Angrath's Deathraider. We like it when Angrath hits hard. We also like when he falls on his face on occasion like a silly bull, so increasing the fragility of his creatures helps hit on those targets.
- Each Mystical Arcana mana cost 4 → 5
- Add 1 random arcana to your hand the other two to deck. No longer summons Mystic Tome
- 6/6 → 5/5
Arcanis serves as blue's ultimate win condition that gives a level of inevitability to winning a game that goes long that other cards have a hard time matching. We want Arcanis to be a little more expedient at finishing games and want to pull back on the incidental value that was being given with stats and card draw from Mystic Tome, and that's what these changes are hoping to accomplish.
- Loses Ward
Gladecover Warden is a card that offered very little effective counterplay. We still want it to serve as protection for your creatures to help make sure they're able to attack before getting removed, but we weren't happy with the inability to target the Warden itself to prevent meaningful interaction at all points. Our only regret is that our creature with "ward" in the name no longer has ward. C'est la vie.
- 3/2 → 2/3
Sparring Automaton now has less of a glass jaw. It should be a bit better at blocking 1 mana creatures and living to tell the tale.
- Fixed several issues that could cause crashes, disconnects and general instability.
- Incomplete or invalid decks will now correctly show the "!" warning symbol on the deck screen.
- Vin talks to the player in more cases, but less often.
- Fixed some cases where the mute audio setting would not mute the audio.
- Planeswalkers will now correctly play their concede VO when conceding vs Ashiok.
- Fixed an error pop up that could occur when the user activated Gruul Club.
- Strength of the Pride will no longer add a bonus +1/+0 to the second target when the first target is Ajani's Skirmisher.
- Gideon's pawn will no longer display improperly when he is waiting to jump on the field and Lead the Charge!
- Resolved an issue where cards would come in with the wrong art or name and cause errors whenever it was interacted with.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause cards in the users hand to become invisible.
- Several Lands were not properly displaying their foil animations in game, this has now been resolved.
- Collectable Lands activating will now correctly display in the game history.
- Pir, the Dreamer will no longer lose power when the summoned creature is hit by crippling bolt.
- Naga Rogue's ability will no longer incorrectly trigger if it deals 0 damage.
- Blood Queen Drana's ability will now no longer fire if she is dealt lethal damage
- Breeching Serpent's mana reduction ability will now interact correctly with other sources of mana cost alternation.
- Fixed an issue that had Pyroclam's VFX play out of order with the damage floaters.
- Grave Titan now correctly has a death SFX.
- Stoneforge Mystic once again has all of her SFX.